Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chicken and Rice Bake

I don't have a recipe for this. It's one I just threw together and it happened to taste decent and not kill Albert or any of the Potluck wives/fiances. I'm posting it because a few of you requested the recipe. Sorry if it's vague.

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small cubes
3 gloves of minced garlic
3-4 tablespoons of teriyaki marinade (I use just enough to lightly coat cooked chicken)
1 small can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk
2 cups frozen peas (or however much you want)
2 cups of frozen broccoli (or however much you want)
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
enough cooked white rice to cover bottom of 13x9 baking dish
Salt and pepper to taste ( I don't usually add any while I'm cooking it, but some of you sodium addicts might need it)

In a large pot, fry garlic in a small amount of hot oil until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add chicken and cook thoroughly. Turn heat to medium and Add teriyaki marinade to chicken and toss. Add soup and milk and stir until well mixed. Add frozen veggies and cook on medium heat until heated through. Meanwhile spread rice on the bottom of greased baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over rice and top it all off with Cheese. Bake in 400 oven uncovered until cheese is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Krista- you cook like I do. Just throw some stuff in the pot until it tastes good :) I love those recipes!

Krista Marie said...

LOL! I totally do, but sometimes I keep throwing things in and it never tastes good:) Oh, poor Albert and kids...

cassi said...

This was a yummy meal!