Thursday, July 9, 2009
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 can condensed cream of chicken
3/4 cup chunky salsa or diced tomatoes with green chiles
4 cups corn chips
2 cups Monterey Jack or Mexican mixture cheese
Arrange chicken in 11x17 baking dish. Combine the soup with the salsa, pour over chicken breasts. Top with corn chips and shredded cheese. Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly and chicken is completely cooked.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
19 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
14 ounces corn kernels, rinsed and drained
1.5 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon siracha (adjust to make it as hot as you'd like)
1/8 teaspoon cumin
Combine all ingredients, except avocado, in a large bowl and mix well. Chill.
Just before serving, peel and chop avocado. Combine and mix well.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can jalapenos (chopped up)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
- 3 cup shredded mexican blend cheese, divided
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add jalapenos, cream of mushroom soup, taco seasoning and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 1/2 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, such as andouille, sliced into rounds
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sauté the sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove and set aside. Add the red pepper to the Dutch oven; sauté 2 minutes. Add the celery, scallions, parsley, garlic, and thyme, stirring well. Cook another 3 minutes, then add the rice, still stirring. Add the chicken, combining well. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, broth, bay leaves, salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is done. Stir in the shrimp and lemon juice and cook until the shrimp are just done, another 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm.