Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hummus

I've been looking for a good hummus recipe for a while... this one is really great.
We serve it with naan or pita.

Ingredients

  • 1  (16-oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/3  cup  olive oil
  • 3  tablespoons  lemon juice
  • 1  teaspoon  minced garlic
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground cumin
  • 1/4  teaspoon  ground red pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation

Process first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 3 days. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

This sounds delicious Allison! I think I'll make this tonight for Andrew's family!

Erica said...

Jen, how did it go? I have been looking for a good hummus recipe too, so I'm excited to try this .....