- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 3/4 ground pork
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- redpepper, carrot, cilantro and lettuce for burger toppings if desired
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt; sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; cool in skillet. Once they are cool, roughly chop up the mixture.
Place pork in large bowl. Mix in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, cracked pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, then fold in mushroom mixture. Shape into patties.
Whisk hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, chili sauce, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 teaspoons sesame oil in small bowl for sauce. DO AHEAD: Burgers and sauce can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover separately; chill.
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat ). Grill burgers until cooked through. Place burgers on buns and top with sauce, pepper, lettuce, carrot and cilantro however you like it!