Friday, March 23, 2007

Honeyed Fruit Cocktail

I got this recipe from Walmart and made it for our Wednesday night dinner. The girls thought it was pretty good, hope you like it.

2 large bananas, sliced
2 cups red or green seedless grapes ( I use 1 cup of each)
2 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored (Walmart has this) and cut into bite-size pieces
3/4 cup canned or refrigerated pineapple juice (I used canned pineapples and its juice)
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Gently toss banana slices in 1/4 cup pineapple juice, set aside
Combine mangoes, grapes and pineapple in a large bowl
Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice, honey and cinnamon until blended
Pour over fruit and toss
Add reserved bananas and toss gently

3 comments:

cassi said...

mmmm mmm mmmmm!

Beth said...

Cassi! You're not scared and there a 7...yup SEVEN...ingredients! I'm so proud!

I also can't wait to throw this recipe together!

cassi said...

Beth, I know, I'm growing up! Hee hee!